As a member of the Management Consultancies Association (MCA), early this year IMPOWER formally committed to Consulting Excellence – a new hallmark of quality for management consulting.
The scheme is made up of nine principles on ethical behaviour, client service and value, and professional development, all of which are closely aligned to IMPOWER’s own values and ways of working.
About Consulting Excellence
Our commitment to Consulting Excellence
Since signing up to Consulting Excellence, IMPOWER has co-designed with colleagues our ‘Commitments’ which outline how we uphold the principles of Consulting Excellence. The Commitments include:
- IMPOWER has allocated days in which it encourages staff to undertake Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) work to support local communities and causes close to its employees.
- We only bid for work that we have the capacity and capability to deliver.
- We are honest with our customers about whether we think their desired outcomes are achievable.
Client service and value:
- All of our projects undergo an internal quality and risk audit after they have closed to ensure that our own high quality standards are achieved.
- We prepare an annual training and development plan based upon the assessed skills gaps and needs of each individual.
IMPOWER is pretty excited about this. The Consulting Excellence scheme has reinforced that the way we work as a business is a good one, and the scheme will challenge us to not rest on our laurels and consistently improve.
2016 has seen some negative news stories on public sector consultancies. These have not included IMPOWER but it is important for both us, and the industry as a whole, to show that we have our clients’ best interests at heart, produce good work and set the benchmark for what truly excellent consulting looks like.